A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Saturday, August 2, 2008


We have been wondering how the baby bird is doing in the nest. Hubby got the ladder and peeked. He came in and told me he thought the only remaining baby was dead. This was yesterday. The first thing I did this morning was to check this out. As I put the ladder near the nest....out jumped the tiniest ball of feathers that I have ever seen. He jumped out of the nest on to the porch. Wish I had thought to bring the camera out. He stood there with his legs far apart...looking at me.. "Well, smarty, what are you going to do with me now?" ...he seemed to say. I scooped him up faster that you can say, "Jack Robinson" and put him back in the nest. I went back in the house for a while. Hubby was going out for breakfast, so I decided to watch for a while. I sat there reading and drinking my coffee. In about an hour I heard Chirp! and then many more. He was calling his Mom with a very loud voice for such a little thing. She came and fed him and made many trips back and forth, to take care of him. I don't know if we can survive this drama on our front porch, but we are doing our best. If these little creatures only knew how concerned we are about their safety. Almost like children when they get old enough to fledge.

Balisha

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little thing, it shouldn't be too much longer and he will fly the nest.

Judy said...

I think the baby birds are so cute but I have so many of them in the spring, especially robins and they "poop" all over my patio, the furniture, etc. I just wash it all down every day with the hose because I like seeing the young ones!

Balisha said...

Oh, dear....what am I going to write about..when he's gone?

B said...

What a wonderful photograph!

He definitely looks full of personality.

Crayons said...

This is exciting news. I've never really seen a young bird up close. It will be sad when he flies away.

Balisha said...

Well this little fellow almost was an orphan this morning. The storm scared the Mom into our garage and we had a dickens of a time getting her out. We feared for her life during the bad weather, last night, and hubby kept checking on the nest. Whew! It's hard to be a foster parent.
Balisha