A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What's Blooming in My Yard July 15th




















Here are some things blooming in my yard today. I went out early and took some pictures. I tried to get a good one of my Russian Sage, but it wouldn't cooperate. Must not have wanted it's picture taken. It is very pretty right now. Some of these are from the woods. Dark in there and hard to get things to show up.
The birds were there to greet me. I was out a little early today, so they didn't know that I was coming. I think they get used to my habits and really count on me bringing them a treat. They say you don't have to provide them with food, but what joy they bring us and in our old age....we have different things to talk about. My friends and some of my family share my interest and we have fun competing with each other with bird stories....trying to top each other. LOL I have a contest with one friend....who can see the first junco. When we see one in the fall....we call each other and write it on the calendar. Call us silly, but we love it.
Balisha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all your blooms today. It would of been nice to see your Russian Sage. Mine kind of fizzled out this year, but it is one my favorite plants.

Balisha said...

Hi PG,
My Russian Sage is in a bad spot actually. It hangs over the yard so that when we mow we always hit it. I made a fence, of sorts, to hold it back...not very pretty. I am thinking that it should be moved. I have had trouble getting these plants to grow...so I hate to move one that is doing well. Have a great evening.