A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Friday, July 25, 2008


Just in from mowing. It is a little cooler right now, but it's supposed to heat up later. We hopped (can you imagine two old folks hopping?) out of bed and headed for the garage to our two red mowers. The grass was really pretty dry...so we mowed. My bench is back by the woods and we always take a break back there halfway through our jobs. I was on the bench first and was sitting there enjoying the flowers and birds. I heard the big red machine coming....wouldn't you know it...he parked it right in front of me. Instead of looking at nature....I was to sit and admire the fine mower. He moved it behind the bench and all was well again. We saw the usual birds and watched their antics. I'm done now and he has about an hour more work to do.

We had a fun time yesterday with the grand kids. We went to the State Park and explored then ate our picnic lunch. I took some dominoes and a game called Jenga with us. Jenga is a game made up of blocks of wood built in a tower and each person takes a turn removing a block carefully so the tower doesn't topple. You then add the block you removed to the top...resulting in a very tall, tippy, tower. Such fun...good game for a picnic...nice way to relax after doing lots of high energy things. Then we checked out the river and the dam. Stopped by a small museum. By now we were hungry and tired, so we stopped at a drive in and had root beer floats. We Grandmas called them Black Cows. The kids laughed as we told them memories of the "old" days when we would be at our Grandma's eating Black Cows on their porches. We told them that we would have to ride our bikes to the store, because we couldn't keep ice cream frozen at home in those days. They love to hear the stories about what we did without. After ice cream we had to visit the $ store. That was our day.

We kept busy yesterday, so we wouldn't think about what was going on in Indiana. The boys older sister, my Granddaughter was having surgery.Picture of her above. She is a college student in Indiana. When we left the $store we got the call that she was out of surgery and everything went well. We will have results from some testing they did in a week.

Now I have to think up an appetizer to take to another Grand kids birthday party on Sunday.

Balisha

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Rootbeer Floats (or Black Cows as you call them). They are my favorite! I hope everything goes well with your granddaughter's surgery.

Balisha said...

Hi PG,
Thanks for your concern.I could go for a float right now...it's getting so hot and humid this afternoon.

Judy said...

Hi Balisha, I remember Black Cows and rootbeer floats. They are great. I am glad your granddaughter came through the surgery o.k. That is an evil picture of a spider. I am terrified of them! My grandson is coming today to spend the night. He is just one but running everywhere. I will surely get my exercise!

Balisha said...

I remember those days.They grow up so fast. My two grandsons are 11 and 13...and they can still keep me running. Maybe it keeps us young.