A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Sunday, June 1, 2008


We've been to Mass and now are home. Just had a big Sunday breakfast and then sat on the front porch with our coffee. I just bought a new coffee creamer....chocolate raspberry. Ohhhhh too sweet! Now what am I going to do with all that creamer? In the summer, I make lots of iced coffee...maybe it will taste good with this new flavor.

Well, the bird nest only has one baby in it. After the big wind I went out to check on the nest...they were fine. Sometime during the night a vicious marauder stole through the yard and snatched one of those precious babies. I found the survivor on the ground...next to it some of the remains of the other. I scooped the baby up and put him back in his nest. I sat for a while nearby and watched as Mom came back to her baby and sat on the nest. They are still there this morning. I know that this is the way of nature, but so hard for me...especially when you have given them names.

My neighbor down the street, another nature lover, said that she had to stop feeding seed and jelly for a while. The raccoons are taking over. She has a pond and loves her fish etc. so a raccoon would not be welcome in her backyard.

The rest of our day is a lazy, hazy, crazy day of summer.. No plans. I am fixing a beef roast and we will just veg out.
Hope your day is peaceful.
Balisha

No comments: