A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008





We are fans of the show American Idol. Last night was the final competition, so we didn't want to miss any of it. While I was sitting near the window a gray bird flew to the top of the hummingbird feeder....he was trying to feed there. Not having any luck he decided to move on to the Oriole feeder. Yum...he loved the grape jelly. I couldn't get my binoculars quick enough....it was a Catbird. I watched him as long as he was there. Missed some of my fave show. I have never seen one eating from the feeders on our deck. We have had chipping sparrows eating from the finch feeder. Robins eating grape jelly. Strange things are happening in my bird world.


Last year I ordered many different kinds of hostas. They are doing so well this year. I made a mistake though...I planted the blue and darker ones out in the woods and the chartreuse and yellow ones next to the house. The woods is at the end of our 3/4 acre lot, so it is quite far from the house. The brighter hostas would have shown up more in the woods. I know that they transplant nicely, but I hate to disturb them since they are looking so pretty right now.


The lilac is in full bloom. It is finally growing taller. Most people want the blooms to stay closer to the ground, but with our deck being so high...we wanted it to grow tall, so we can enjoy it from the deck. It is finally there. The small, new one is doing good this year too.


Today I have to be sure to do some work on tying up the clematis vines. Soon they will be pretty. They were perfect till last week...something must have been sprayed near one and there is a section that has wilted. Hmmmm wonder who did that?


Balisha


No comments: