A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Tulips in the Window

Do  you see the tulips in my window? This window cling was part of my birthday present from my daughter last year. I put them away in a drawer and forgot about them. I found them when I was putting some Christmas things away and almost ran to the window to put them on display. I love them. I was thinking that these would be such a bright bit of spring on a winter's day. I heard a weather forecast for the end of next week...maybe the 60's...hooray! Today in the 30's and I went out without my scarf wrapped around my mouth. I saw lots of squirrels venturing out and the little titmouse pair were at the feeder. Now, I'm going to get you excited....I heard a cardinal singing this morning. Can good weather be far off?
Here's a little poem for today...

Tulips in the Window, by Balisha

Happy Birthday Mom and here's a gift for you...
Tulips for your window... when you are feeling blue.
The cardinals and the sparrows were chatting just this morn..
The other birds just waiting... looking so forlorn.
Then they spied the flowers and started singing tunes..
They sang of Spring and warmth and the merry month of June.
"The snow will have to go,"I said. Won't be much longer dears...
Just enjoy the window flowers and  sing the songs I love to hear.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the cheerful window cling. What a thoughtful gift. We are beginning to warm up and I am so looking forward to it.

I hope you have a wonderful evening and a happy Valentine's Day.

Judy said...

OOOOH! Love the window clings AND the poem. It won't be long now!!!

Sharon said...

At first glance I thought it was a painting of an entire window. It's that time of year when we need a reminder that spring will return ~

Blondie's Journal said...

Your poem is wonderful, Balisha! It really and truly lifted my spirits...and reading at the top of your blog that daylight Savings ends in 24 days! My, that's close! :)

I love the cling, I would love to have one or two of those. Tomorrow I have to go grocery shopping and I think I am going to pick up some flowers. Maybe some tulips and then something that lasts longer.

Have a great weekend!

XO,
Jane

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Your tulip window cling is so pretty! When I first saw the photo, before reading your post, I thought it was an actual tulip in the window. I enjoyed your Tulips in the Window poem, too.

Then I noticed in the section right after your current post where it shows pictures and titles of previous posts. That is where I saw the picture of Sammy the Shrew. I went back to read your story about the little shrews. It was wonderful and should be an illustrated children's book. I loved seeing the picture of the little shrew. I think they are so cute. As a girl I rescued many of them from our cats, and have been fond of them ever since.

We have a spruce tree in our front yard. I am hoping that there is a whole family of shrews living under it. I imagine that there will be many times in the future when I will look out the front door at my spruce tree and recall your wonderful story about the little shrews playing in the snow!

Hillcresthome Prims said...

What a wonderful gift and it looks like it is Spring in your window.

Happy Valentine's Day sweet friend,
Tricia

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Love this window cling
and makes me think of Spring.

Balisha said...

It's funny...I used to paint windows...I painted our windows for the Bears when they won the Superbowl back in 1985.I had a painting of the key players across my front windows.

My daughter always picks out such appropriate gifts. Last year, along with the tulips, she gave me a bubble wand and a tiny etch a sketch, and red bird candle sticks. She likes to bring back memories.