A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Visit From Molly


We didn't have plans for the weekend until I opened my email this morning. The email said..".We are having a family reunion at our house today...wondered if you would like to have a visit from Molly?" I answered back as fast as my fingers could type..."Sure, we'd love to." Molly is the little Cocker Spaniel across the street. She hasn't been over for such a long time. Once in a while I see her out checking her property and following her owner and just doing what dogs do. She is a delightful house guest. She makes herself right at  home and entertains us all day.

 Here she is on my lap the last time she was over. She's a cuddley dog and grabs a nap when she can.
 The neighbor girls came to play with her one day. They had so much fun...especially Molly.Look how brown these little girls were. They play outside so much...just like when I was a girl. 
A week ago, on a very hot day two of these girls came to our door and knocked. I answered, "Would you like to come into the cool?" They came in and said, "We came to entertain you." "What kind of entertainment do you do," I asked. They answered that they could sing, dance, or play some music for us. We were both kind of tired and about to watch the evening news, but we stopped what we were doing and they began. First they danced...and how they danced....on this triple digit day they were working up a sweat entertaining us. Then they sat for a while and then ran to get some stuffed animals in our guestroom. They sang and danced some more. Then they asked if they could play the organ...and we said sure. They played for a while and then decided that they should leave. I offered them a tootsie roll and they were out the door.They did this just because they wanted to entertain us...not for money or payment of any kind. What a nice thing to do.  Little things like a visit from the neighbor kids or a pup from across the street mean so much to us. I have to go now and get ready for our company...Molly's paying a visit.
Balisha

7 comments:

Judy said...

This is the neatest thing!!!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, you make me smile on this rainy morning.
My little granddaughter's entertain me like this also. They sing and dance and it sure makes me smile at their energy and happiness....Always feel loved when they visit...

Barbee' said...

I am so glad to read this! The girls are precious! And, Molly? Well, the past two weeks I had her on my mind. I almost asked about her. She is So pretty... and well mannered, it seems. Thank you for sharing with us. Now, I'm going back to the photos one more time.

Balisha said...

Molly is here...it took her about an hour and a half to calm down. She loves her owner so...and has looked for him in every room. She is calm now and ready to entertain the "old folks." She really adapts to people's ages...she is calm around adults and joyous around kids. We'll have her until 7pm...so we will get our "Molly fix"
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

How wonderful you are so hospitable, Balisha. You are a truly good person.

Unknown said...

Balisha, I love your name and I love your little visitors....My grandchildren are my visitors and they are so entertaining they wear me out!!! You arew such a good hostess!! Have a great day!

Balisha said...

Hi Gwen,
Balisha is a nickname that my husband gave me. I was a little leery about using my real name when I started this blog a few years ago, so I used my nickname. Now it has stuck and many call me that.
Thanks for the visit and your kind comments. Come again.
Balisha (Patricia)