A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Monday, February 17, 2014

The Swimsuit by Balisha

This is my friend Nancy's little great granddaughter, Aaliyah. She just got a new swim suit and was the inspiration for this poem.Little Aaliyah is just starting out... Don't you wonder what life has in store for her? Hope it's sweet.







The Swimsuit by Balisha

Looking out my window...  a surprise there for me...
More snow coming down...t'was an old sight to see.
Never mind the snow...I had a job to do..
No time to eat breakfast...Joe hadn't a clue.
A swimsuit was needed...I must buy one soon..
I went on the computer ... to buy one by noon.
I clicked away...Lands End then LL Bean's...
I wanted one.. to make me look very lean.
I found one...a floral..I started then to quiver.
Had to wait for days... till it was delivered.
I quickly took the box to the mirror... down the hall..
So pleased I didn't have to go to the mall.
Took off my clothes... looked in the mirror on the wall..
Didn't think I looked bad..so glad that I 'm tall.
My legs went in... my  fanny was left..          
Tried to pull it up...this all made me fret.
Things just weren't right...when did I change?
The size on the label was just in  my range.
When did I get that little bulge there?
Some wrinkles had dropped...I wasn't aware.
My torso was long because I am tall..
My body had changed was the answer.. that's all.
Why do we fight it and drive ourselves crazy..
It's a natural thing... even old minds get hazy.
Put it back in the box...and sent it away..
Had a smile on my face and wanted to say.
"This one didn't work, but I am ready for more"..
I'm determined to find one...I'm not keeping score.
Maybe a blue or a red or a pink...
When the postman delivers I'll give him a wink.
And run to the mirror that hangs on the wall..
And start it all over....hate going to the mall.

Balisha






5 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

LOL this one's too funny and the little on is so darn cute :)

Barbara said...

Fun poem but it shows how much our language differs. I hope other Brits are aware of the differences. Just one word.

Anonymous said...

This was cute as can be!

Judy said...

It seems, to this also tall person, that the shape of clothes have changed. It couldn't be my body as it is still tall--although, a bit thicker in the middle. You are brave--I have a suit, I wore it once, 15 years ago. Since then gravity has taken it's toll and I will never don it again!!! We should look as cute as the little babe!

Rose said...

So enjoyed this poem, Balisha--very clever! I had to buy a new swimsuit a couple of years ago to go to Cancun where my daughter was getting married. I also ordered it so I didn't have to struggle with trying to get it on in a tiny dressing room. I found the perfect one...I probably won't wear it again for years:)