A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Monday, July 22, 2013

Another Graduation

What do you want to be when you grow up? The answer to that question is often answered ...A policeman or a fireman. I can remember little boys playing cops and robbers....often lying on the floor, pushing a toy police car and making that familiar siren sound. What is the fascination, with being a policeman, for little kids? From the time children are starting to gain some independence and leave their homes for school...they are told that if they should ever be in trouble...find a policeman. The policeman has earned "hero status" in children's minds by keeping the bad guys off the street. Many scout troops visit the police station  further developing that choice. Well. two of Joe's grandsons have chosen that career and this past weekend found David accomplishing that dream. After 10 weeks of grueling studies at the police academy in Bellville, Illinois, Rockford, Illinois has a new rookie on their police force. 



 Here is David and his wife, Ashley, at the graduation on Friday. He and Ashley have been married for a few years and this was their first time being apart. She held down the fort, so to speak, at home... while Dave was away......anxiously waiting for the weekend... when he could come home for a visit.She did a great job...taking over many things that Dave did before he left for the academy. They have a son, Drake, who will be three in August.he was such a good boy....even though he missed his daddy terribly.
 Here's that little boy. So happy to have his Daddy back home, I'm sure. his daddy is a hero in his eyes...whether he's a policeman or not.
This is the group of new police officers who will be protecting the citizens of Rockford in the coming days.

Here is the policeman's prayer to St. Michael, patron Saint of law enforcement.

Lord I ask for courage..
Courage to face and conquer my own fears.
Courage to take me where others will not go..
I ask for strength..
Strength of body to protect others..
Strength of spirit to lead others..
I ask dedication
Dedication to my job..to do it well..
Dedication to my community..to keep it safe.
Give me, Lord,  concern
For all those who trust me..
And compassion for those who need me..
And please Lord, through it all
Be by my side.

Joe's family has become part of my life too.I call his two sons, a daughter-in-law,  grand kids and now the great grandsons...my bonus for marrying into their family. Joe and I  have shared in the joys of seeing the three grandsons  grow into strong men. We both know what a dangerous job these two young men have chosen. Matt and Dave will be forever in our prayers...may God protect them.
Balisha

3 comments:

Jan said...

The whole family must be so proud. Jx

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Congratulations to all. Good prayer.

Judy said...

How proud you must be!!! An admirable job, but one I don't want my grand children doing--okay?