A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Today...Springlike Out the Window


This post is all about windows.

Thinking about that window frame downstairs again. Wondering if I could do something with it for the front porch. Would you believe it...we took our Christmas wreath down just last week. I was going to take it down before, but Joe thought it still looked nice and decorated the house a little. I'm going to do some thinking about what I would paint on the window that could last into fall. There's a lot to consider...the color of the house and trim...the cushions and things we use on the front porch etc.It would be so heavy to hang and another nail in the house.I'll have to get going, so it is done for spring.


My garden window next to me is still in reds. Starting with a poinsettia and then a cyclamen. Red birds and an oriental rug under all...l with touches of red. When the pair of Cardinals sits just outside, on the feeder...they look like part of the scene.I repotted many of my plants this week. The reason that I did this was that the water was just running through my clivia, so I knew it was pot bound. The poinsettia too. I had to get potting soil, so when I came home I went to get the clivia and it was, I kid you not, trying to get out of the pot. There was this big plant, leaning over...with huge roots exposed. On further examining...I found very little soil and a mass of whitish roots. Poor baby. So, I started with that plant and went on to many more. Now they are happy and standing straight and tall.My little cyclamen rebloomed for the first time. It was in the basement for a rest and then brought up. I put it in the bright window and buds appeared. You can see it on the lower right side.
Today is such a bright and sunny day. I feel like taking a walk around the yard to see what's up. I saw some green as we drove away just yesterday. I always cut back the dead vines on the clematis plants. It  might just be a good time to do that. It won't be long before buds are starting to pop on those vines...if they aren't already. Here I sit in my warm house looking at the sunny day in front of me, but when I go out into the cold...it will be a different story.I may not get those things done at all...we'll wait and see.Anyway, it's a pretty day and the birds are flocking to my newly filled feeder. A little chickadee is cocking his head and telling me to hurry up and get outside. Bye!
Balisha

5 comments:

Judy said...

Such a pretty vignette there by your window. I so love that cat sitting on the sash--I want one of those!!! I didn't want to take down my wreath either--without it, the door looks so naked. I have one for spring, summer and fall. I looked all over for a winter one that didn't look Christmassy, but couldn't find one. Oh well--I can put the spring one up soon.

Barbee' said...

Ah, spring is stirring, even in us. The birds around our house are beginning to pair up and look for nesting places. Maybe you will get at least a couple of tasks done, and that will be good. You will have plenty of feathered company, I think. Our Eranthis have been blooming for a month, and now the snowdrops and crocuses are blooming away. Of course much of the time all have been under snow cover.

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said...

Good Evening Balisha, It is amazing how a little extra soil can resurrect a plant. I love cyclamen plants, they bloom in such pretty colours.
We had a Spring day today, which to be honest, is very unseasonal as it was only two days ago that we had snow. Like you I enjoyed the day and went for a walk and was surprised to see the amount of buds appearing on bushes and plants. Maybe Spring is just around the corner.
Have a lovely weekend.
Best Wishes
Daphne

debra @ homespun said...

That corner of yours has to be one of the prettiest and most inviting in blogland...I've seen you post it before before but it's just so sunny and cheerful and now this one with all the reds has me liking it all the more.

Babajeza said...

I long for sunshine. Lucky you! :-) Have a nice Sunday. Regula