A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Monday, September 10, 2012

Chimpanzee



We watched a wonderful movie this weekend. It's called Chimpanzee....the story of Oscar, the chimp and his life in the rain forest. We fell in love with this little fellow as we followed through his days. He lives with a group of chimps and the story is of their survival...always having to defend themselves against another group of chimps who want their food source. The movie is beautiful...the violence is never seen but you can hear what is happening through narration. That is why it is such a good film for children. We find at the end of the film how the chimpanzee population is dwindling.They say that there were millions of chimps just a few years ago and today they are endangered...only up to 300,000 are left. The population has decreased by 90% in twenty years.This is due to man....destroying the rain forest, disease, and human capture. So, if you're looking for a good movie, even if you are a grownup, you'll love this sweet film.

Jane Goodall has been a personal hero of mine for as long as I can remember. She is a British woman...conservationist, anthropologist, and UN messenger of peace. She has studied these animals for probably 45 yrs. I have watched everything I could find about her life on TV. She is the first to find that chimps can use tools. These particular chimps probably couldn't live without using tools. It's so interesting to see them hitting nuts with rocks to get to the meat or using a stick to poke in an anthill to get ants. She actually lived and breathed chimpanzees most of her life. She has her critics, but I for one...really appreciate her and all she's done for our world. 
Balisha



4 comments:

Pat said...

Lou and I talked about seeing this movie...sounds as though we should make the time to see this movie.

Barbee' said...

I agree! So strange... I slept late (9:00) and before I awoke this morning, I dreamed about a large group of monkeys of all ages traveling through my neighborhood and my trees. They were cute and didn't damage anything. When night came all the young ones found their mothers and clung and cuddled to them. One little one got into my garbage can that I was using in the garden and was playing with something in there. I told him it was getting late, the group had left and he needed to leave and go find his mother. Wonder if I was tapping into your thoughts about the movie as you wrote your post. There is no time listed on it so I can't tell when you published it. We are in the Eastern time zone. I do have such weird dreams.

Friko said...

Man is the greatest enemy of all other creatures on the planet.
We just never stop destroying our world.

Margie's Musings said...

I really admire her too, Balisha.