A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My Mother's Day 2012


These pictures were taken on Saturday before Mother's Day. Everyone who could...came to our house for a simple celebration of Mom's Day and also my son John's belated birthday.We sometimes meet  at a restaurant, but we really enjoy the time we spend at our house...where we can talk and visit and be silly as long as we want.  Joe saw to it so that I didn't have to cook...we ordered fried chicken and all the trimmings from right here in town. We have the best fried chicken around and along with the potato salad, relishes, beans, dips and chips it was perfect. Paper plates made for easy clean up. The birthday cake wasn't a fancy one. ....just a simple jello poke cake with sherbet and fresh strawberries on top. It was like an indoor picnic. After we ate we visited then Grandma played cards with the kids. Some hadn't seen Tyler's DVD...so we watched Tyler perform the music of the Jersey Boys. We all got a kick out of that...with a few of us singing along with the DVD. Tyler laughed when I said that I wanted to join the group...after all I know all the words to their songs and I had my tambourine handy. (We have a tambourine hanging by the fireplace)  My oldest son  had to work and my daughter was in DC, so our group was missing a couple important people. My son's wife and their grandson came anyway and we had so many laughs with them. The day was perfect except for missing the two other kids. I was showered with cards, flowers, plants, gift card, a Keurig, and  their company. They made this Mom (Grandma) very happy. I'll name the people in the pics below.

Here I am with son John, he always helps me in the kitchen. He has a strong arm and usually scoops the  ice cream.

Youngest son, John. Recently  celebrated his 44th birthday.





Daughter in law, Renee...camera shy girl.

Hubby, Joe in a serious pose.


          Grand daughter Sydney, who just graduated with a doctorate degree in Physical Therapy.
                                  Youngest grandson, Collin. Growing up fast...14 yrs old.
                                     Grandson Tyler...a real card shark I found out.
                                    Son, Tim and Renee's grandson...our bonus  kid...

Grand daughter, Xoie, as unique as her name.

 Well, that's the cast of characters who made my day special. We have a lot of fun when we get together. No serious talk...just lots of jokes and fooling around. I only wish that we lived closer, but I'll take them any time I can. Joe and I spent the next day together. We went to a Mother's Day buffet at our favorite restaurant...Costa's. So much food...it was so good. Ham, prime rib, chicken, fish, lasagna, quiche, vegetables, salad, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, gravy and for dessert...their famous homemade cinnamon rolls. Groan....We came home and went into a food coma until Joe's kids came over to visit. All in all, with all the visits, gifts and phone calls...it was a wonderful weekend. Even Mother Nature gave us a gift of good weather.
Balisha

1 comment:

Jan said...

Sounds as if you had a lovely time. It's great to meet all your family in this post. All the best, Jx