A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Out With the Birds

I was out early this morning......just me and the birds. We haven't had rain, so I did some watering. The new Mary's Garden  got the sprinkler. The flowers don't look too bad, considering that they haven't had much water. I pinched off the dead roses. I don't leave them on because I just don't like the way the bushes look. I went around the corner and weeded and thinned out plants in my Gnome garden. Birds were flitting by and I think I may know where the hummingbird has it's nest. It might be in the taller evergreen by the front door. I'll have to watch. We put the flag out this weekend and the wind was making it wave and flap, so the little hummers were frightened and didn't come to the front porch feeder. I took the flag down and there they were...giving me a tiny scolding.  I got my scissors and sat in the green chair while I trimmed the tops of the mums in front. They are huge this year. Joe will be trimming the yews soon, so I wanted to get this done. Then I moved to the back yard. I cut off the bottom row of leaves on my tomatoes and put in a stake that I have had for years. It has a black metal crow on top...I spied a tomato and several more on the plant around the corner. Now, I'm in the house. I just played killer scrabble with my daughter. We have such close games lately. I'm winning this one :)
Guess I had better go and see what the day brings.
Have a nice day everyone...
Balisha

No comments: