A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Friday, April 20, 2012

How Much Caffeine?

I bought this tea before winter...thinking that I would have it on hand in case I got a cold. No colds  this winter so it wasn't opened. I have a little sore throat this morning and remembered the tea. Before I brewed a cup I checked the label to see how much caffeine was in it. There is no mention of caffeine, but in reading about it, I find that it is black tea with a ginger flavor. So, it has caffeine and not real ginger. I guess that I should have checked this out when I bought it.I had a time in my life when I worked outside the home and we drank a lot of coffee in the office also when I worked at the hospital. The Bunn coffee pot was always ready and our cups, it seemed, were never empty. At that time, I had a problem with my heart racing. I was hospitalized and they found it was caffeine causing it. Since then, I haven't had a cup of caffeinated coffee.  Now I  have no tolerance for caffeine.....just a cup would make my heart skip a beat. I went online to check out caffeine in teas, chocolate, coffee etc. I found that tea has much less caffeine than coffee. If you brew it for just a few minutes...probably even less. I have had green tea with caffeine and also tea at Chinese restaurants. I would like to get my body used to a little caffeine, so I can order a glass of iced tea when eating out. I do wish that they would list ingredients better on foods.
We have a dinner to go to this evening. Our Church is celebrating the people who work on committees. I guess they are expecting about 90 people. It should be a nice time. I heard that we will have roast beef and mashed potatoes.
It's really chilly today. When the fellow came to clean the carpets this morning, I was actually cold while he was going in and out with his equipment. Now Joe has the ceiling fans on in all the rooms...and here I sit with a hooded sweatshirt on :)
Well, not much to do until the carpets dry, so I guess I will do some reading. Have a nice day...
Balisha

5 comments:

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Well..I've done it again. Wrote a long comment on carpets..my love for reading John Steinbeck and hot blasted hot it is here this morning. It will reach nearly 100 today. Hardly any breeze but the blasted patio furniture is all painted. I am so relieved! What a job.
What a nice thing to do for the folks at the church who give their time and efforts.
I used to spend a lot of time doing that but not now. My daughter has cooked and helped feed those that are in need now for fourteen years. Bless her heart. It's good to show appreciation! We are Catholic but I don't recall our church ever doing that for those that volenteer. Not that they would expect it but that is just such a nice gesture, Balisha.
Stay warm and have as nice a day as you can. :)
Hugs,
Mona

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Enjoy your dinner
sounds so good.
Enjoy your fresh carpets.
I have been cleaning closets
and next week will wax furniture.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

P.S. I drink way too much coffee probably! I try to limit it to just a couple of cups in the morning..but might have to go to decaf some day soon.

Judy said...

I need to get my carpets cleaned, but can't figure out how to move everything out of the way. I may have to wait until next fall. Enjoy your dinner--you and Joe deserve it.

Barbee' said...

I have that same problem with caffeine. I read once that some people's bodies cannot metabolize it, and that when subjects with the problem were tested, it was found that 12 hours after consuming caffeine they still had 50% in their blood. That helped me understand why I have trouble getting to sleep when I had a morning cup. I truly miss iced tea! But that explained why I always had trouble getting to sleep on Sunday nights. We always eat out for Sunday lunch after church and I was ordering iced tea. That is our once a week get-together with our local family members. Sometimes there are 13 of us, or more if someone brings a friend.