A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Sunday Conversation



Today is gorgeous outside. Warm breezes and sunshine. I was in the basement this morning, however, making a wreath to put on the front of the house. I'll take a pic tomorrow. When Joe was finished putting a hook in the siding, the phone rang. It was my daughter. She lives in DC and also has a home in Wisconsin. She was in Wi just until tomorrow, so she called. I grabbed the white chair from the front porch and went out to sit under the River Birch for our conversation. She could hear the birds calling at my end. We both stopped talking...what was that bird song? It turned out to be a Tufted Titmouse...they have a couple of different calls. She told me about watching an Eagle fishing in her lake....right in front of her house. Not long ago, the Eagle was standing on the lake ice and pulling fish out of some open water. They don't sit with poles in boats with the latest fishing equipment looking for just the right spot...they are super fishermen. Seemingly effortless. She is finding out how beautiful the Spring can be. Little nubs of green popping up everywhere, Spring Peepers, the water fowl. Her neighbor made her a Wood Duck house. She was anxious to buy some cement so she can put the box up on her next trip.She and her neighbor were cleaning up the yards this weekend. Raking the leaves and cleaning up flower beds. She brought her Hens and Chicks out of their winter home...I love talking to my kids about nature related things. They all have an interest. One son calls about houseplants and the other has questions about over wintering his plants and my daughter lives on a lake part time and has all kinds of things to share with me. Their Dad and I instilled in them...that love of nature. You could find us "up north" every June...either at a friend's house or a cottage. They fished from the time they were big enough to hold a pole. A favorite story about my daughter...She was down on the dock, when her Dad came in from fishing. He had caught a big bass. She ran as fast as her little legs could carry her saying, "My Daddy caught a loud mouth Bass."



Balisha

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your daughter memory, Balisha. It is just precious. Enjoy your visit.

Have a beautiful week ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Margie's Musings said...

I always enjoy your comments, Balisha.

donna said...

So special that you and your daughter were listening to the birds sing while you were on the phone together. I've done that a time or two with a friend.

Loud mouth Bass.....that's funny.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, enjoyed your post. I love having nature talks with my children. Spring is around the corner - we need to pace ourselves:)

BrittArnhild said...

Beautiful spring.
Beautiful memories.