A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Friday, February 3, 2012

When Spring Comes Round the Corner, by Balisha


This little garden gnome sitting in my bed,
Was talking to the bunnies and this is what he said,
"I miss the skies of blue and days that were so warm..
When daffodils were blooming and bees all in a swarm.
The tulips in the front yard ablaze in shades of red,
The snowdrops by St. Mary with white and drooping heads.
The forsythia in the woods all bright in shades of yellow,
Just looking there could make my mood so very mellow.
Do you think that spring is coming?" he said to bunnies fair?
"Spring when we'll be warm and not have a single care."
I heard them talking just today when I was on a walk..
I answered back to them..."I think that we should talk.
Spring will be here in a while....patience my little ones..
But first we have to keep prepared for snow that might still come.
Before too long you'll see me...wearing my gardening clothes..
I'll be out and work among you.. pulling that heavy hose.
I'll pull the weeds that come.. into my garden fair..
And then I'll sit awhile upon my garden chair.
So, just relax.. enjoy the weather God gives to you and me ..
When spring comes round the corner we'll be waiting don't you see?
We'll gather in the garden and plant and weed and sing..
When spring comes round the corner and birds are on the wing.
I'll meet you in the garden for a day of gardening fun..
So, get ready dears, it won't be long before this winter's done.




1 comment:

acorn hollow said...

according to the ground hog 6 more weeks.
Cathy