A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Big Party in Town

Picture by Adam Becker...who took this photo of Monument Circle during Super Bowl festivities with his iPhone.
Tomorrow is Superbowl Sunday. 173 million, will be watching as the Giants take on the Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI.That means the event could generate significant consumer spending as sports fans head out to buy food, decorations, and perhaps even a new television to watch the two teams go head to head. I know that we spent some money on the fixins for our little party. I have been a football fan for a long time. Ever since we had season tickets for the Bears for years and years. I remember the year that the Bears went to the Super Bowl and Refrigerator Perry was on the team...I painted the whole team on my big picture window in the living room. I made little wooden Chicago Bear figures and took them to a craft store to sell, only to be told that someone from the NFL had requested that I remove them, because of copyright infringements. I had no idea. We went to many Super Bowl parties during those years. So, this year, my team isn't playing and I had to pick a team. We watched a few of the games and I do keep up with the sports section of the paper, online, and just paying attention. I'll be looking forward to the Matthew Broderick commercial, where he portrays a grownup Ferris Beuller, also the Madonna half time show. In the past, many half time shows have been bad, but this year they may have a winner. I'll be rooting for the Giants this year and we will have a little party for two. All week the cooking shows have been showing Super Bowl party snacks. Everything from nachos, to meatballs have been prepared in much the same way as all years. The main food on our menu will be chili. I was going to try to fool Joe (my meat cutter husband) with a lower fat turkey chili, but at the store yesterday... decided to go ahead and make the standard pot of chili. Vegetarian daughter makes one with no meat...which is very good. Before that hallowed bowl of chili we will have an array of snacks. Meatballs, spinach dip, onion dip, veggie plate, and stuffed mushrooms. I figure it's only once a year, spinach is good for you, mushrooms are good for you, veggies are good for you, onions are good for you....a very healthy meal, I might say. Kidding aside, my appetite has changed and I don't eat as much and Joe is trying to lose weight, so I will make a very small amount of these...just so we have a taste of these favorite things. Why do I do this....make a party out of this special game?....I don't know, maybe I want to keep up with what's going on in the world and be a part of it. It makes life interesting and fun.
Balisha

No comments: