A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Talk of Fairy Diddles and Juncos

This morning brought emails about nature news. My daughter is at her home in Wisconsin again this weekend. I've written about her Fairy Diddles before. This morning she was out...trying to capture them with her camera. There are three of them...the triplets...the above is a cropped picture of one of them that she sent. It seems that they love the tree house. She found them scampering up and down the tree, where her nephews have built a rather rustic tree house. Aren't they the cutest with their big eyes and beautiful red fur coat? I'm sure that they are loving all the acorns from the Oaks around her yard.
Another email had to do with Juncos. I've written before about my friend in Elgin, who tries to beat me every year playing...who will see the first Junco. She spotted 4 of them early this morning. Oh, dear, does that mean that winter is not far off? This "contest" has been fun for us for years...starting with her Mom. I always think of her when I see the first one. She always won back then. So many times, we are looking at the ground, trying to spot one feeding under the feeders....then before computers, rushing to the phone to tell our news.
Today promises to be another beautiful fall day. I'm going to get out and take some pictures before all this color leaves. Have a great day....have you seen a Junco yet?
Balisha

4 comments:

Judy said...

Chickadees, Titmouse, Nuthatch, cardinals--no Juncos.

acorn hollow said...

no juncos yet the weather is beautiful sunny and warm we are not quite at peak yet but the colors are pretty.
that red squirrel looks like a deer in head lights.
Cathy

Sissy said...

Juncos are one of my favorites. They will come all the way up to the back door. They always look so cheerful and chubby to me!

Lona said...

Juncos already? Oh, dear. I hope that does not mean a thing. LOL! I have not saw any here as yet.