A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Flowers to Plant

I spent most of the morning at Church...planting flowers at the Grotto. I didn't take pictures, because we were so busy...so I'll go back later today and take a few. The rose bushes have really grown and look so healthy this year. Full of buds. When we planted, for the first time last year, we didn't know how big they would get...so we put an evergreen... a little spruce between them. Now they are starting to touch the evergreen and our landscaper says that if they continue, the roses will die back on that side...so he is moving the evergreens. There are several perennials already planted there....grasses in the back, two kinds of lilies, perennial geraniums, and sedums. Today we planted some purple speedwell, pink lantana, and shasta daisy. Three clumps of each on both sides. The ground there is always wet. We don't know why. There is always moisture under the pavers at the Grotto. Just a few feet away is Mary's Garden...very dry spot and needs to be watered often.
Kathy, the chairman of our group, and I work well together. We both stick to business and get the job done. Sometimes we go to a local sandwich shop, for lunch afterward. I enjoy this so much and hope that I can continue for many years. I take my green chair along to sit on while I plant. It works out so well. Now if I could only get my shoulder to cooperate ( I think that I irritate it by pulling the rope on the weed whacker) I should probably let it rest, but no time for that...there were flowers to plant.
Balisha

1 comment:

garden girl said...

I'm so impressed with all you do Balisha! Bet things are looking very pretty at the church after all your work. Hope you're getting some well-deserved rest!