A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Early Evening Chores




Early Evening Chores by Balisha





I have a little to do list...it hangs upon the wall..


In early Spring, my chore list was very, very small.


I did some planting in my yard ..but now there's something wrong..


I didn't quite expect the list to get so very long.


The digging for tomatoes, the planting of some flowers..


I had to schedule all my work between our many showers.


The weeds are taking over... a favorite spot of mine..


My woods are in a tangle... I had them looking fine.


What can I do...I wondered just the other day?..


I really don't want work so much...no extra time to play.


I took my trusty weed whacker and headed to the spot...


The sun was out...no time to waste...even if it's hot.


I whacked the weeds but couldn't miss some flowers in the way..


I went at my job with vengeance...a meanness some would say.


When the task was over...on my bench I sat to rest..


I looked around the woods.. birds were shuddering in their nests.


I think I saw them shaking and holding on so tight..


They must have thought this woman was dangerous tonight.


I sat there for a while...and felt so very bad..


I told the birds, "I'm sorry to have made you all so sad.


I'll leave here in a minute... I know that you know best..


A peaceful place for babies in your happy little nest."


So, now my list is shorter because one job is complete...


I'll try to just ignore the weeds and not be so very neat.


My gardens round the house can be tidy just for me..


The woods is home to critters I'll have to let them be.



Balisha






6 comments:

Judy said...

The grotto sure did become a beautiful spot after all the work last year. I loved seeing those pictures of it. Your meal with the priest sounds wonderful, too. The weeds are completely taking over here. I run out between rains and try to pull a few. It is so green it hurts your eyes to look outside. Hope you have a great weekend. I need to mow this weekend if I can find a dry spot.

Barbee' said...

I like your poem, and I understand.

Balisha said...

Hi Judy...I'm going over in a little bit to plant at the Grotto. Thankyou for your comments about it.It's a challenge to work between showers. The yards get so overgrown.

Balisha said...

Hi Barbee...I almost feel like an intruder, when I go back there.

Diana LaMarre said...

I agree. You can only do so much.

It amazes me how fast weeds can take over. I plan to get rid of a few garden areas this year. I can't do it all anymore either.

Barbara said...

Lovely poem and so descriptive.