A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert


Recipe for super easy ice cream cake...


For this dessert you need 24 ice cream sandwiches...2 ...8oz containers of cool whip...jar of hot fudge topping...2 heath bars smashed.


Arrange 12 ice cream sandwiches in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Spread 1/2 of the whipped topping on top of the sandwiches. Spoon 1/2 of the fudge topping on top of the cool whip. Place remaining 12 ice cream sandwiches on top of the fudge, spread on the rest of the whipped topping, then finish the layers with the remaining fudge topping. Cover and place in the freezer for 2 hours to set. I let my stay in the freezer for a couple of days. Let soften at room temperature briefly before cutting into squares. Top with chopped heath bars when serving.

On this particular occasion, I wanted to make it sugar free. I found sugar free bars, sugar free cool whip and I didn't put the fudge topping on the dessert before freezing it. I served it with chocolate sirup and the candy for those who wanted it.
If you have never chopped heath bars...I put them in a zip lock bag and pushed the air out. Passed the hammer to the grand kids and let them take a whack. I have even made this in individual portions. I take one or two bars and cover with cool whip and pour choc topping over with heath bars on top. A real quick treat when company drops in....especially in the summer.
Balisha

9 comments:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

this sounds wonderful and so easy.
I will make it sometime when my family is visiting - thank you :)

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Well..Balisha..another time I would have jumped on the recipe..however...dear son and daughter in law (the bakery owners)came to dinner on Sunday and have added home made ice cream to their menu. They brought fantastic food plus...an entire container from their feezer of home made vanilla ice cream and we have had it every single night since Sunday. Not to mention pumpkin. Between that and left over candy from Halloween,(I always get the good stuff in case I don't give it all out and then I can serve it in my candy dishes) I am afraid I am gaining weight. NOT GOOD!
HOWEVER, I am going to print it and save it..because you just never know when you might want it..blah blah blah! :)
How are you two? We are chugging along. I am now knee deep in learning scrapbooking. WHY can I not find a hobby that is not expensive. JUST once!
Enjoy your week...and your ice cream! Sounds wonderful!
Love,
Mona

Anonymous said...

Oh that looks so yummy! I love all the ingredients, thanks for sharing this easy treat with us. :)

Lynn said...

This is one of our families favorite deserts. We let the kids make it each year at the beach. They love to add M&M's or Oreos even sprinkles. This is such a fun one for all of us... thanks for sharing. Everyone must try this one!!!

Anonymous said...

This sounds so good. This is right up my alley. Something gooey, chocolate, and ice cream. My problem would be not eating half the thing. Guess I would have to just make it for one. Then, I would be making one more, one more,and then another. lol.

Diana LaMarre said...

I have had this dessert. It is delicious!

Elenka said...

wow. The photo looks like only one layer of icecream sandwiches. Your recipe sounds better!

Meadowview Thymes said...

Wow! So glad to have this recipe. It would be a great thing to make when our card group is over! Thanks!!

Barbara said...

YUMMY!