A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Monday, November 15, 2010

My Mums Will Never Give Up

Did I just say that I wanted more color in my gardens? Well maybe this is not quite what I had in mind. I was coming down the drive to the house, walking Molly this morning, and decided to go get my camera. When I look around the neighborhood...there aren't many houses with flowers still blooming. I have these mums blooming and my wave petunias are still going strong. No matter how cold it gets they still look vibrant and perky. The waves are nestled in the Lamium and some fall leaves that have fallen right around them. They are next to the house and tucked in...it seems for winter. I wanted to do the outside decorating early...on a nice day, so this is what I get. These are hardy mums and no matter what... they look beautiful. This morning in the 20 degree temps they were covered with white frost....now the frost is gone and they are none the worse for wear. How can you not love a plant like this? It seems they will never give up. Had I known that they would be blooming, when I wanted to put Christmas up...I might have chosen a different color...maybe some of the new red mums or even white....but I'm not going to complain...anything that blooms this well is tops in my garden. I know what my bouquet of the month will be this month. They deserve to shine in the spotlight one more time...
Balisha

10 comments:

Lona said...

Hi Balisha. Your mums are indeed so pretty and big. Mine seem to get smaller bunches each year. I have saw Sock Monkeys in some craft shows lately. I think they are trying to make a comeback. Maybe for a new generation. I remember them well when my children were small.

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

They are lovely I only have two mums I planted this year, I am thinking I should have a few more.

Barbara said...

Certainly quite a colour for this time of year.

Barbee' said...

Aren't you the lucky one!!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, the front of your house looks wonderful. I brought cuttings of a similar mum to the country - may be the same one. It has gone from home to home over the years.
The sock monkeys - all of my children had them. Never made them. You are so talented.
Take care.

Balisha said...

I have to check back and see what these mums are called. I planted them a few years back and specifically wanted hardy mums. I checked online and found a company who sold these...I ordered them and planted them in the front and on the side of the house. The ones in front have done well...the side ones never came up again. The ones on the side were maroon. Balisha

Balisha said...

I just went back and checked...they are called Belgian Mums. I can't remember the company that I ordered them from...

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I need to deadhead my mum's tomorrow! I noticed most of them are already spent. Beautiful ..those mum's.

Diana LaMarre said...

You have some of the most beautiful mums I have seen!

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Wow they are really full of blooms. That's how my Grandma's mums did this year too. :)