A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Sock Monkeys

I went to Farm and Fleet to buy the Rockford Red Heeled Socks for my sock monkeys. I asked, after looking around, "Do you have the socks for making sock monkeys. The clerk said, "Oh, we stopped carrying them a long time ago." I wondered about this and kept on shopping. When I was out of her hearing distance...I asked another clerk and she took me right to them. When I opened them up....there were the directions on how to make them. I found a website that you can go to to make some of your own. http://lennytaylor.freeyellow.com/Monkey.htm They are time consuming if you are doing them by hand. My sewing machine is sewing so slowly right now...I need to get it to the repairman, but didn't want to wait for that. So, I have been sitting on the couch every night, constructing these little toys. I would much rather sit and do something with my hands that to be off somewhere using the machine...anyway. When they are done...I will get creative. These will be for very little babies, so I will have to make them safe to play with and go in little mouths. As I said yesterday...I'll show them to you when I finish.....just thought I would give the address, so that you can make some for gifts too. Balisha

4 comments:

Rose said...

This brings back memories, Balisha. My mother made a few of these when my boys were little, and they always asked for the monkeys when they visited Grandma. I can remember, too, when Rockford socks were the only ones my Dad would wear:)

Barbee' said...

My mother-in-law made them for all four of our children. Someone took a photo of them holding their new monkeys (monkeys holding monkey dolls ha!) at our family Christmas party. Hope you can get photos, too.

2 Dogs said...

One of the nurses I work with collects sock monkeys. They are too cute. So cute I had thought about collecting some myself but I don't need to go there right now. LOL! Yes you must post pics when you have finished. Hugs

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Balisha, thank you so much for taking time to post where we can get information. They were such a favorite for so many years. My mother made my little boys each one when they were small. I wish I still had them..and time has erased my memory of what happened to them.
I can't wait to see the finished product.
Hugs!! :):)