A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Birthday Today



It's my daughter's birthday today. Fifty two years ago she was born...When the doctor saw her, he held her up and said, "This one's perfect...just look at that rosebud mouth. I think I'll take her home." She was a tiny bundle of energy. She walked at 10 months trying to keep up with her older brother. Always a very competitive girl....always striving to learn something new. I can't believe that she's celebrating her 52nd birthday...it seems like only yesterday that I was rocking her to sleep......so Happy Birthday my girl...Love you, Mom
Here is a repeat of last year's birthday poem...
My Daughter's Birthday

It was a cold night in November.. in the air a hint of snow..
Our little girl was born so many years ago.
"This baby is so perfect, her skin is pink not red,
Her mouth is like a rosebud".. is what the doctor said.
They put her in my waiting arms, the tears were coming free..
She looked at me with loving eyes that said, " Take care of me."
Her childhood days were full of fun.. her favorite doll could talk,
Tiny kitchen furniture.. in her room before she walked.
A pogo stick I worried.. that she would bump her head..
At night we found her sleeping with her pogo stick in bed.
A frilly dress was not.. her favorite thing to wear..
Cowboy boots with dresses and a ribbon in her hair.
She always found a puddle with her little foot would stamp..
Her outfit was all dirty...what a little scamp!
I miss those days of yesterday, when she was very small..
I remember everything, when I look at pictures on the wall.
So happy birthday Peanut..is what I'm going to say..
I hope you have some fun and a very lovely day.
Happy Birthday...Love you,
Mom

4 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

How wonderful! My daughter is 53.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Another - Happy Birthday to your daughter.

Balisha said...

Thankyou, thankyou...

Pat said...

Birthday wishes to your daughter...she shares a birthday with Mickey Mouse, although he is a bit older than she is!.