A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

August Muse Day from Balisha


"Give me the joys of summer, Of Summer Queen so fair,

With wealth of lovely flowers And fruits and sun-kissed air!
Talk not to me of winter With ice and frost and snow,

Nor changing spring and autumn When howling winds will blow.
No, I will take the joys Of Summer every time,

So to this Queen of Seasons I dedicate my rhyme."-


Winifred Sackville Stoner, Midsummer Joys

2 comments:

Judy said...

I think this is one of my favorite poems of yours. Short, sweet, and to the point. I love it. The flower picture is perfect, too.It just says so much. I really enjoyed the story about the candy jar and the hen and chicks looks great that way.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

:) Now I KNOW I am never first with a comment! Never..
AHA! See? Down there that Comment moderation has been enabled and you have a ton of comments already but...I just wanted to say (puff puff) that I am wondering what it is about the seasons that makes us seem to feel a certain way about each. I truely love them all..however there is something about the fall leaves...the whispering winds that blow and whistle under the eves of the house...bringing out the afghans and lighting a cozy fire...that seems to fit me. Not sure why..

One thing is that in California I don't have to be concerned about snow drifts, or chains, or frozen pipes...putting on all the extra clothing and boots...so...I can regale you with my love of Fall and Winter..while others have a dread of what's to come. In short...I love your post. It made me remember to appreciate summer and it's brief heat. Enjoy the checked tablecloth, sitting out on the patio until late, ice tea in the shade..children out playing in the street until late....
Yes..I love summer.
I do hope you and Joe are doing well. Howard and I are chugging along...grateful for the leasure and fussing about the weeds that grow overnight it seems.
Hugs..and love,
Mona