A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

National Ice Cream Month and a poem



Ronald Reagan designated July as National Ice Cream Month in 1984. He also appointed the third Sunday in July as National Ice Cream Day. Reagan recognized the popularity of ice cream in the United States (90% of the nation's population consumes ice cream) and stated that these two events should be observed with "appropriate ceremonies and activities."Of course I had to observe this event with.....


Ice Cream in My Bowl



Sitting eating ice cream.. last night by the deck..

Shouldn't really eat it but thought, "Oh, what the heck."

This is the month to celebrate and eat this lovely treat..

My passion is fulfilled... while I still can see my feet.

The flavor was vanilla with chocolate sauce on top..

Pecans and cherries all around, oh please do make me stop.

I'm sitting here this morning with a cup of yogurt creamy..

My thoughts are on the treat last night...it was so very dreamy.

Today, I'll be a good girl and go right past the freezer..

A spoonful in the afternoon.. that's really just a teaser.

Tonight you will find me beside my garden small..

Eating my bowl of ice cream...because after all.

There are two weeks left to celebrate the treat I love so much..

Next month some healthy things are all that I will touch.

When July is over and hot, hot, August takes it's toll..

I'll think of nights beside the deck with ice cream in my bowl.
Balisha :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Balisha, I guess great minds just naturally run in the same direction. lol. I love your ice cream poem. So glad to see you back online and so glad to hear that Joe is over the hump and doing better. I hope he continues to feel better every single day. You are so right about the flowers and yards. Mine is suffering from this heat and the beds need weedng so bad. Bob and I went up to Indiana for a couple of days. It was nice to get away. Hope you are having a good weekend.