A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Don't Complain

You'll have to bear with me for today...it's still dark, gloomy and rainy outside. The humidity has been fierce, so I decided to make my posts about things other than gardening. I'll get back to that tomorrow. This was inspired by our Mass homily last night....when I found out that Priests are a lot like us.

When we find, what we think is the perfect mate, we marry... expecting marital bliss all the time.I think that people misunderstand the part of our marriage vows that says " Now you are One" When you are two separate people, independent thinkers, you will definitely not always be of one mind and having the same thoughts. We learn from our Priests, Pastors, Rabbis and marriage counselors.. that you come to a mutual understanding of each other and be respectful of one another as you work toward that understanding of like mindedness. It is a never ending lesson. The world has changed especially the woman's role in marriage. Years ago, women were home and took care of the kids and house and cooked the meals. Today, most need two paychecks to get by. Woman are busier that ever. I think that women's roles have changed more than man's. It seems that young Mom's are always on the go. Now, I know that men are busy putting food on the table and that they pitch in, when needed....but most women bear the brunt of the work in the marriage. I know that I am going to get in trouble for saying that, but there are always exceptions and some guys are real partners. (I have two sons who are very involved with taking care of things in their families)If we want to get along with each other...we both have to try harder in our marriages...today some view marriage as something you can throw away. We are all truly unique and to always agree is a pipe dream. We strive to be like minded in our faith and everyday living. When we keep Christ as the center of our lives, we have a helper from above. With the Lord's help...we can learn to respect each other and their opinions. Every morning can be new start in marriage.....if it is 3 yrs. or 50. When we wake up in the morning and look at our partner, it would be nice to wonder what we can do to make this a good day. Put aside our having to have our own ways causing petty disagreements. Try not to grumble and grouse about all the little things. We put so much importance on being right...for instance...who left the light on in the garage? When we think about it...isn't it silly to have to be right...who's counting?

Our visiting Priest at Mass last night...gave his homily and said that we shouldn't complain so much. He said that he wasn't feeling well, had a broken collar bone...would we please excuse him for being "cranky?" During his time at the altar, he complained about not having any directions from Father Nnaso, how to work the AC, why didn't he tell him that he was to bless the sick people in our congregation, the oil used for the blessing was old and not really enough. He caught himself...and laughed out loud...and said, "Here I am telling you all how to behave, and I complained so many times during this service. That just shows you that Priests are only human and make the same mistakes that you do." We all got a chuckle out of that. Sometimes we think that the Religious are above us and have no faults. They are here on earth...trying just like their flock...to get along. I hope that you have a peaceful Sunday where ever you are....and remember this post, if you start to complain.
Balisha (not so perfect) :)

5 comments:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, love your sharing. Going to make a blt - with my first tomato - the dictionary says that it is an American herb or fruit :)
Prayers going out for you.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your post. I know there are times I complain too much and have to make myself just stop and smell the roses! We should never sweat the small stuff. Life is too short to worry about every little thing. Have a great week.

Pat said...

Great post...something we should all think about.

Roses and Lilacs said...

Good morning Balisha. I think many of today's problems are because we are taught to seek romantic love and not value mutual respect and friendship more.
Marnie

Barbara said...

So right! "Who left the light on in the garage" This one little sentence says so much. My hubby will reply 'Well I am the only one here apart from you'