A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Early Morning in the Garden

It was 5:30 this morning, when I tip toed around the house...I had a plan. It was just sunup and the weather was still cool. I put on my gardening clothes, took my pills , and was out the door.. without waking Joe. In the garage, I loaded the car and I was off...over the river to St. Mary's. We had been there last night when they turned the lights on for the first time. Check it out...I'll have new pictures up, when I finish this post. http://sacredheartmemorialgrotto.blogspot.com/
I decided to plant the flowers at the Grotto this morning ,very early, so I wouldn't be in the way if the buildings and grounds committee decides to plant the bushes. We decided to plant the flowers in the mulched area around the trees. Behind the benches would be too hard...not much space and would need weeding before I could plant. They can plant some bushes there. I have the flats of flowers, gardening gloves, and a trowel all ready to get the job done....

and of course.....my trusty green chair. As I've said before...this chair saves my knees. It's not pretty, but the height and the slope in the front of the seat is just right. The newer ones slope up...not comfortable. We have a new watering system thanks to Joe. He told Father that many women don't come to help water, because they don't like to drag the heavy hose up the hill to the garden area. Now we have a faucet at both gardens and the hoses are in baskets behind the Grotto and the big tree. Thanks, Joe.

Here is is all planted. It's the same on both sides. As I finished, people were coming for morning Mass, the buzzards had left their perch on the water tower, people were going to work, and I could go home. I spent a minute there just soaking up the beauty of it all. It's going to be a great day.
Balisha



5 comments:

Lona said...

You are the early bird. It is going to look beautiful all summer Balisha with those pretty choices in plants. Joe saved the day for the water gang ;-)

Pat said...

Looks like you have gotten so much done and got to sit back to enjoy it. Hope the rest of your day is wonderful.

Pat

Lynn said...

It looks so beautiful and fresh. When they get big and beautiful It will be even grander!!! Great Job you early bird!!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to start the day, by giving. :) Very special, Balisha.

Balisha said...

Now we are about to leave to go and see how the plants fared during the hot afternoon.I may have to water again. I'm paying for my early start right now...I'm pooped....I'll sleep good tonight.
Balisha