A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Monday, March 22, 2010

What is This Thing Called MGB?

My Garden Bouquet (MGB) started last month by Noelle at http://www.azplantlady.com/ She lives in a warmer climate and thought it might be nice to make a bouquet from things in our yards each month. Then posting them for all to see. We in the north would have to be very creative. I was looking at her blog today and saw her beautiful bouquet. She reminded me and I ran out the door and started the search for flowers. As the search began some little neighbor girls came to help me. Audra, Jenna, and Keely are my little flower searchers. I only have a few daffs blooming, but I picked a few and some other things, picked up a clay pot on my way through the garage and into the house to create with just a few things. Here's my 2nd creation of the year. Very small on flowers but big on creating something with what I had. Next month will be better. Why don't you visit her blog and see some real color?
Balisha

9 comments:

Meadowview Thymes said...

What a neat idea! I am always out picking this and that. I love having cut flowers. When the rudbeckia are blooming, I have bouquets all over the place. Now it is just an occasional daffodil or jonaquil.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I'm afraid I want to pick flowers so badly that I have been picking those that are not really meant for a vase. They don't live long and it always makes me feel bad to know they could still be making the outdoors beautiful.

I wish I could join in the bouquet thing...I just do not have enough flowers. Or dishes. Oh well...I will just visit others...and I can't wait to see yours.
The photo of the on you posted is so sweet and SO Springtime!
Hugs to you, Balisha..

Noelle Johnson said...

Hello Balisha,

Your daffodils are just beautiful! I posted a link to your new bouquet on my MGB post. Thank you for being the first to participate :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello Balisha, I just discovered your blog via Noelle's. Those daffies do look pretty and it is lovely to hear you had little flower garden helpers! Heidi.

Anonymous said...

You did a wonderful job with your arrangement. I love it and the little figurine beside it, too.

Roses and Lilacs said...

Your arrangement turned out very well. So far, I don't have any blooms but I'm always way behind. It must be a lot colder out here in the country:)
Marnie

Anonymous said...

I think your arrangement is lovely -- and perfect for the time of year as Easter approaches.

Balisha said...

Hi Linda,
I love the idea...even though my bouquets are going to leave something to be desired during the winter.
Hi Mona,
You have all those wonderful flowers that were on your blog a week or so ago.I can just see those daisy like flowers in one of your rose patterned vases.
Hi Noelle,
I think you may have started something...thanks it will be fun.
Hi Heidi,
I just visited your blog. Your bouquet was so pretty. Come again for a visit.
Thankyou, Judy...I like to make tiny bouquets.
Hi Marnie...be patient warmth is coming your way.
Hi Nancy...Easter and jonquils...a wonderful combination.

cwa said...

What a simple yet beautiful arrangement. We have a few green leaves coming up, but there is nothing blooming at our house yet. Thanks for sharing your pretty posies with the rest of us.