A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010


I think we all wish that we had a little room...just for us. My friend has one just down the hall from the living room. It is full of precious things to her. I visited yesterday...brought donuts and she had a coffee cake. We took our little strawberry plates and napkins, coffee cups with strawberries on them, and our goodies and went down the hall. The cat followed us. I took my knitting and she brought out the projects that she has been working on. We talked and laughed...old memories from high school to old age. We always can pick up...just like we had been together the day before. The time went by too fast. I came home and wrote this poem for her.


Nancy's Room by Balisha

There's a little room right down the hall..

With special pictures on the wall.

A comfy love seat is where I sit..

To watch TV..perhaps to knit.

A chair for Tiffany, my little kitty..

If she didn't join me t'would be a pity.

Stacks of books are everywhere..

When I'm in here, I have no cares.

A dust ball scoots across the floor..

A toy for kitty...she looks for more.

This little room with candle burning..

Is my retreat from world turning.

I sit and think of days gone by..

Forget my troubles is what I try.

If you want to visit.. please give a call..

We'll sit together.. just down the hall.


I just wanted to write something here for my friend. Nancy, you're the bestest!

Balisha


6 comments:

donna said...

Your friend, Nancy, is going to luv this poem.

And now I will forever think of the dust balls as toys for kitty.

donna

Balisha said...

Hi Donna,
Thanks for reading and leaving a comment. My friend just emailed me and said that she loved the poem. I will have to visit your blog now...Have a great day. Balisha

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your Nancy will love the poem as much as this Nancy does. :-) I loved this line: A dust ball scoots across the floor...A toy for kitty..." What a wonderful way to remove the "guilt" of seeing those little dust balls roll around -- new cat toys! Brilliant. (But don't tell my kitties.)

Balisha said...

Hi Nancy..
My friend and I were discussing the fact that in our "old age" we don't always see the dust in our houses...so this line just came to me.
Balisha

Anonymous said...

There is no doubt in my mind that anyone would like one of your poems. That cat would have a great time with all my dust balls in my house. I saw an article the other day that listed 100 things to do with coffee filters. These 2 made me think of you. I wrote them down: It said use coffee filters to sprout seeds. Simply dampen the filter, place seeds inside, fold it and place it into plastic baggie until they sprout! Next, line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage hole. I would have never thought of such. lol.

Balisha said...

Great tips, Judy...I'll have to try the one for the pot drainage hole..Thanks for your sweet comments.
Balisha