A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Cup of Christmas Tea

This is a tea that I have been looking at while grocery shopping. Has anyone tried it?

A pretty teacup...why save them? Use them.....you're worth it.



This is the time of year when we all could use a cup of tea. Christmas tea. Nothing is more soothing than tea. In the afternoon, when the weather is cold and snowy...sit down with a Christmas book and a cup of Christmas tea. This recipe makes lots of tea, but it does keep in the frig and you can warm it up later.

1 qt Hot tea; (made with 4 tea bags
1 qt cranberry juice
3 Sticks cinnamon
1 orange; sliced
1 lemon; sliced
10 whole cloves
1 qt apple juice
1 c sugar
2 c orange juice

Preparation
Mix hot tea, cranberry juice, apple juice, cinnamon, cloves, sugar and orange juice in a large kettle; float lemon and orange slices on top of tea. Simmer 20 minutes. Strain spices off. Pour into mugs and serve. Yields 4 quarts or about 20 servings.
Here I am...adding something again. I remember, years ago, buying a recipe box at an estate sale. It was full of old recipes on tattered, well used cards. Christmas was coming and I usually did something "crafty" for gifts for family members. I was going through the recipes, at that time, and found one for Christmas Tea. It was on a card...written by a ladies grand-daughter. The note (written on a torn piece of a Christmas card) attached said...Dear Grandma..Inside is some instant spiced tea. Just add 1 tbs. to a cup of hot water. Tastes best while sitting in a comfortable chair with your feet up....Signed, Mary.
Well, I had some baby food jars...the junior size...so I made the mixture and filled the jars. Put a cap of calico and hung a tag with the directions. I had forgotten all about this, when I wrote this post last night. Here is the recipe:
1 cup Tang
1 cup sugar
1 3oz. pkg lemonade mix....(Wylers)
1/2 cup instant tea
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Add 1 tbs. to 1 cup hot water.
At the bottom, in different handwriting (probably the grandma's) it said This one is just right.
I haven't made this in years...now where are those baby food jars?
Balisha

7 comments:

Barbee' said...

What an enjoyable post, Balisha. I remember that spiced tea mix made with Tang; I made it for years. I have not used that white tea from Stash Tea Co., however, I have used many of their other teas. It all started when a patient gave Max a nice gift box of their assorted teas. I liked them so much that I ordered them again from the company. Everyone had a different favorite. They were all good. Love your pretty teacup. I have a few that were my mother's that her mother gave to her. And you are right, I have never used them.

Balisha said...

Hi Barbee...I like their teas too. I usually drink decaffinated...but one cup wouldn't make me jittery. I think the the recipe went around about the time we found out that the astronauts used Tang on one of their flights.

Barbee' said...

Oh, that's right. I had forgotten about that.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, I use to make the spice tea mix with Tang. Made it for years and shared it with others.
Have not made in years.
Thanks for the reminder. Have not tried the other tea. Like you - I use decaf.

Crayons said...

I enjoyed this post Balisha. I especially like your encouragement for us to use the fine china. I do believe I'll follow it. I don't know that tea, but it looks good. Thanks for the recipe for the Christmas tea. I know I've had something like it.

Anonymous said...

This recipe sounds like just the thing for a cold afternoon! Thanks for sharing the recipe. :) I love your header photo -- very festive!

Anonymous said...

This recipe sounds like just the thing for a cold afternoon! Thanks for sharing the recipe. :) I love your header photo -- very festive!