A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Balisha's Christmas...so far

The house was silent...just the Christmas mice were scampering around getting the finishing touches ready. The cookies and sweets filled a table (sorry no picture) made by the Grand kids. Sydney, home from college, directed the goodie making. Cookies were delicious. There was mostaccioli, meatballs, little hot dogs, veggie pizza, macaroni and cheese, etc. We were stuffed with all the goodies. We started opening gifts. There were 15 of us and we all had piles of presents in front of us to open. We took turns and each person opened "all" of his or her gifts. It took a long time, but compared to other years....much neater and we were able to see what everyone got.
This picture is Grandson, Tyler opening one of his and his dad...my son looking on. Here is Grandson Collin with his favorite gift. Tissue paper was starting to build and boxes were everywhere. We got the garbage bag and for once I didn't have my picture taken holding the bag.

My daughter, LuAnn or LA as she is called now...on the left with Granddaughter Sydney on the couch. Syd's boyfriend Seth on the floor in front. They were home from college in Indiana. Collin is on the right looking on. They are deep in conversation.


This picture (out of sequence) is Christmas Day at our house. Joe's son Dan and his girlfriend Melody....opening one of Mel's gifts. We had a great day with them. The menu included ham, twice baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole etc. Pumpkin pie for dessert.



Here's Joe opening a gift yesterday at our house. Now back to Christmas Eve.



This is Josh. He is a special friend. He has such a nice smile...and didn't even know I was snapping a picture. Seth is behind him. There will be a quiz at the end of this post to see if you are paying attention to the names.


Now LuAnn will kill me for putting this picture here, but it is the only one with her and her special gift. My kids loved PeeWee's Playhouse, when they were growing up. Her brother surprised her with a PeeWee doll. When you pulled a string...he talked and laughed like PeeWee. Now she is the girl who didn't like dolls growing up. Wanted a GI Joe...like her brother.





Here is John and his earmuffs. It was first a mitten Christmas Eve...lots of people got mittens and then it turned into an ear muff Eve. Joe and I shopped online at Land's End and got them all mittens and earmuffs. Lots of jokes about our choice of gifts.







What kind of a Christmas celebration would it be without a snuggli? Sydney is modeling her favorite gift. She was always wrapped up in a blanket when she was little and now as an adult...she has a big one. LuAnn is adjusting it and Syd's sister, Xoie and her Mom, Karen are looking on and laughing.







Here I am with my two kids. Of course the puppy, Prancer had to be in the pic. John and I have the same hairdo...



Here's a picture of LuAnn and her Mom. She came from DC and I was worried about her driving. She sent me emails all along the way.





LuAnn and Collin making plans for a skiing trip that they will be taking this next week. She has a house in WI and the boys will be there for New Year's Eve.



Here's Collin again. Drinking a can of pop and smiling.









Here's our girl Xoie. She is a sweetheart and smiled so nice for her Grandma. She loves life and really gets into the holiday spirit.





Here's Tyler the performer. He is in a group called Jersey Kids. They are a take off of the adult Jersey Boys and have performances all over. A very busy kid. I wore his hat, but they didn't get my picture.





That's all folks....as the cartoon feature used to say. We had a wonderful time, the weather cooperated, the house was decorated beautifully, the food was excellent, the family all together...what could be better than that?
Balisha














3 comments:

Lona said...

What a beautiful family Balisha. Do not quiz me on their names because I am awful with names LOL.
It looks like you all had a wonderful and warm Christmas.

Margie's Musings said...

It looks like you had a great time, Balisha...and a houseful.

Lynn said...

Great Family Pictures!!! I think my brain stoped with the surgery and I forgot I had a camera Christmas day. I hardly took any pictures. I looked up the route LuAnn had to take to your house, now I know why you were worried. Depending on her route she could have waved as she went by!!!LOL WE are only about 4 hrs from DC it is an easy trip from here! You tell her to be careful going home. She needs a couple good books on tape!!! Happy New Year to you all!!!