A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Robin


The Robin


The north wind doth blow,

And we shall have snow,

And what will the robin do then, poor thing?

He'll sit in the barn,To keep himself warm,

And hide his head under his wing, poor thing.
The weather forecast is calling for mixed rain and snow for Monday. I always worry about the birds who are caught off guard and haven't left for warmer climes. Are they really caught off guard? I guess that I needn't worry, they know better that I do. Do some robins stay in our area all winter? I have heard reports of people seeing them during the winter. We have a few here right now. Not as many as in summer. Are these the hearty ones, I wonder? I just looked out the window and saw 4 little chickadees "playing" at the feeder. These are probably my favorite little birds. They tough it out all year and give us so much joy. Such tiny little balls of feather fluff. Has anyone seen a junco? Seeing a junco is the way I tell if winter is in the wings. All these signs are weather folklore. I'm buying An Old Farmer's Almanac this year. We've had such a crazy mix of weather this past year...It would be interesting to know if that "old farmer" predicted some of it. Who is he anyway?
Balisha

No comments: