A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Twilight Time


Good morning...Here I sit at my computer...I can't drive for three weeks, so I'm grounded. My wings are clipped. Maybe that's why I notice things more. The night sounds, for instance. Joe can't hear them, but sometimes they are so loud to me...that I sit there mesmerized by their constant drumming in my ears. Crickets, cicadas and other creatures.Twilight is a favorite time of mine. Our world is getting ready to go to sleep. Bunnies are hopping across the yard to find their burrow, birds are singing their last songs, dogs are hushed, people are scurrying to get the yard work done before dark, a cat is on the prowl for a mouse across the street. We watch the cat for a while...it crouches low to the ground and stalks the prey. The slightest sound and the cat pops up...looking around....then back to the prowl. We laugh quietly while we watch....the mouse escapes and the cat is chased off by the sounds of a dog barking. The last bee is in my flowers by the porch. Buzz..buzz..from flower to flower. I pay attention to the flowers that he selects...the tiny purple ones are the favorite. I'll plant more of these next year... if I can think of the name over the winter. Soon the asters will be full of bees during the day. I have to be careful, when I water, so I don't make the bees angry. Fall is coming fast this year. The trees are changing color and dropping their leaves early. Winter days will be here soon and we will be snowbound. Our wings will be clipped and we will have to find things to do to occupy our time. I've never been bored by the change in seasons. To me, it is just another change in my life. I'll get through this season of clipped wings. Before you know it, Joe will hand me the car keys and say, "Balisha, you're free as a bird."



Twilight Time by Balisha


The evening shadows across the sky...

Come to me and I wonder why..

To sit and listen to the humming...

The sleepy sounds of insects drumming.

Brings me comfort and I feel tonight..

Peace and joy... I'll be all right.


Balisha


An addition...Joe wants you all to know how you have made having Laddie put to rest easier, somehow. He loved his puppy and inside he is hurting. When he reads your comments, it makes him feel better. Balisha

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Good morning, I am having such a hard time getting started this morning... I have so much to do inside and out I don't know where to start... Hope you have a great day, try to relax and enjoy your time off!!! You need a good book to just take time and enjoy!

Lona said...

Good morning. Such a lovely poem today but I enjoy all of your poetry. Glad to hear that your are doing well and just enjoy your down days by gathering the peace of the beauty around you. So sorry about Joe's doggy. We grow so attached like they are children to us.
Enjoy your day and take care.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Your poem is lovely. I remember my "Sadie". She was put to sleep about a year ago. I surely miss her. Her ashes are in front of my St. Francis statue and I have her color hanging around his neck.
Continued healing and blessings sent your way.

Racquel said...

What a gorgeous photo. I know this is a sad time in you & Joe's life with the loss of your beloved pet. Hope things get easier as the days go by.

Elenka said...

So sorry about your pet......
Glad you're doing well, Balisha.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Balisha...I loved this post. Perhaps one of my favorites...IF I have one..
It made me appreciate being able to drive, reminded me that we are the same no matter where we are. The evening sounds, the end of the day for all. It was a beautiful post. You sound good.
No snow will come for us, just cooler weather, hopefully some rain and a bit of fog. The Santa Ana winds will be on us before long..they blow in the cooler weather and late Fall and we know Winter is on the way. Listening to that wind howl around us, for days sometimes, makes for a cozy feeling...but mussed hair when we open the door. I love it all.
Isn't life wonderful?
Hugs and love,
Mona

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

yes..I went back a couple of posts and the worst happened. You lost Laddie and I am so terribly sorry.
So sorry...Balisha and Joe..

Roses and Lilacs said...

What a lovely photo, we do have especially nice sunsets in this area.

I know what you mean about the evening noises. Sometimes the drone is so loud, I cannot separate the different sounds. It all become one loud hum.
Marnie