A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

More Notes Before Surgery


I've been sleeping good...that is until last night. It seems that I didn't fall asleep at all. Joe says that I slept more than I think I did. It's hard to turn off my mind right now. There are things that I want to do and things that I have to do yet. I have my scarf wardrobe all laid out. Didn't know that I had so many. I won't have to buy even one. I tried on my dress for the wedding ....with a scarf. I am a tall woman and with no hair...I will look even taller. The dress looks kind of silly without a nice hairdo. I had an appointment for the day of the wedding....to have my hair styled. I cancelled yesterday. We may not even attempt going to the wedding. We'll see how things go. I have to talk to Audra about my operation. She may be frightened by my old bald head....so I am going to prepare her ahead of time. I hope my kids are doing the same with the Grandkids. One of our Grandsons was over the other night and his eyes were as big as dollars. He looked frightened. I'm sure thoughts of losing his other Grandma are going through his head. The thought that keeps popping up right now... is how lucky I am to have Joe. We both lost our spouses of over 40 yrs. and then found each other. It's like it was meant to be. How do people go through things like this on their own? I can't imagine. I know people do, but how difficult it must be. When you have a partner...during bad times the other picks up the slack and takes over. It's that give and take that makes a good relationship.It's nice to have someone see to your needs before you ask. At our age, it seems that we trade off on taking care of each other. This is going to be hard on him too. He tires easily and even in my post operative state...I will think of him and how he is doing. I'll be there, getting all the TLC and hopefully people will realize how hard it is on him. I hope that I remember this when the time comes. Well, today we will make chili to put in the freezer. We made chicken noodle soup and stew, so far. Everything is packaged individually for meals when I come home. Today the chili and a trip to the store for some essentials...like peanut butter.

Now that I've told how I am preparing my house and kitchen...the preparation that is most important is my faith life. I am a strong Christian and I believe that the Lord will do what he wants with me. There are so many people praying for me....it's a wonderful feeling to know that people are thinking of me in this way. It seems special to me that in times of crises....people say, "You're in my prayers." and they mean it. Thanks to all the bloggers who have stopped by and left messages and prayers. What a great community of friends. We don't know each other in the normal sense, but have developed deep friendships through our daily writing.

Balisha

5 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

I continue to have you in my thoughts and prayers, Balisha. Have courage.

coolwaterworks said...

Hi Balisha... I really this special friendship that we have over the net... Your posts have always warmed my heart, because I can read in the words the sincerity of your heart...

I have offered a prayer for you today, and will continue to do so until you get well...

With much love and respect,
Mark

Lynn said...

Balishia we have formed a wonderful blog relationship these last few months. I love reading all of your wonderful poems. You are part of my day everyday. I will miss you while you are recovering and will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery!!! I know you'll be right back on here in no time!!!

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you and my prayers go up for you. May the doctors hands also be blessed!!

Judy said...

I feel like I know you, Balisha. I know that you are a very good person and love your family and husband very much and that you like to garden and work in your yard with your flowers. It is amazing how much we learn about somebody from a blog. I know that you are very active in your church and love your animals, too. You are also a poet! Thinking of you and praying for you daily.