A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Merry Christmas....again.


At last we are out of that sub zero weather. When I took Laddie out this morning, it felt balmy:)We didn't get the predicted snow last night and that's fine with me. My youngest son and his family will be here to celebrate Christmas with us. We've had to postpone it till now. We still have our Christmas decorations up. I woke up and said, "Merry Christmas" to my hubby. We are having "kid food" today. They love my sloppy joes...so that's what we are having. Some are vegetarians, so there will be two kinds. I made chocolate cupcakes yesterday and put them in holly decorated paper with red and green sprinkles on top. There will be snacks...it's a kids meal remember? Chips, dips, cheese, crackers, salsa, and lots more. They like to make sundaes for dessert...ice cream with toppings, sprinkles etc. Then we will open presents and maybe play some board games. The kids like pictionary. They always win, because Grandma (being an artist of sorts) takes too much time drawing a detailed picture. We always have a good time, when they come. Laddie loves the company too. He knows already that we are having guests. We do things the same way most every day, but when company is coming ...we may hurry a bit, change our routine...anyway, he picks up on it and is right now...looking out the front window....waiting in anticipation for lots of sniffing, jumping, drooling, a little barking and all around good dog fun.

This will be a great weekend for all of us....not just the Christmas celebration here, but the beginning of all the doings in our Capitol. Barack Obama has an exciting weekend too. We will be glued to our TV through Tuesday.

Balisha

No comments: