A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Friday, December 5, 2008

My Little Maggie




The Christmas Puppy




Our dear doggie died early one morn.


We grieved his death and were both torn.


Should we take a chance with another pup?


Our hearts were broken, we didn't give up.


My hubby called to the nearest vet...


And told him our story... we needed a pet.


We found a family in a neighboring city.


They had Cockers for sale, and they took pity,


When hearing our story, they said come today,


We'll show you the pups while they're at play.


The pups in a basket were carried right in,


One tumbled out and gave me a grin.


Which one do you want...my hubby wanted to know?


The one with the grin who sat by my toe.


We scooped her up and went to the truck...


She settled in and never looked up.


When we got to our home and put her down,


She looked around never giving a frown.


We loved this dog for many a year..


Every day brought us nothing but laughter and cheer.


She's with me no longer it's so sad to say..


But I think of her often.. especially today


When I look out the window..I think of our pup.


Playing in the snow and not looking up,


Two happy faces in the window above..


Our hearts filled with joy and bundles of love.


Balisha

7 comments:

OhioMom said...

What a wonderful tale, our pets are truly members of our family. I miss my Scruffy still.

Judy said...

What a pretty dog and a poem to match. You are so talented. I love the poem.

Balisha said...

Thanks Judy, and to you Ohiomom...we had a Scruffy too. A Schnauzer mix.. and we had her for 15 yrs, My husband got her from a shelter and said it was the best five dollars that he ever spent.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful poem about doggie love!
Donna

Balisha said...

Thanks, Donna.

Libby said...

What a lovely poem about a treasured pet.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog, I would be happy to invite you round for a drink and a mincepie or two or three??? lol!!
I adore your Christams village wish I had space to do something like that, but all my tops are covered in clutter!!!!!!!

Balisha said...

Hi Libby,
I just checked your blog again...now you are basting a Christmas cake...must smell divine at your house. Looks so cozy with the stove burning and all.