Well....can I say it? My candidate, who I have supported since before the primary, won. It was a wonderful night for our whole country. Barack Obama didn't run as a black man...he ran as a candidate who happened to be black.
Here are ten things to do the day after the election.
1. Breathe....It was a BRILLIANT campaign that took my breath away.
2. Read the papers......I have read so much in the last year...maybe I'll just read the funnies.
3. Watch the speech over again......I just did that...can't wipe the grin off my face.
4. Don't gloat.....So hard to do!
5. Don't forget to eat....You need nourishment to keep that smile on your face.
6. Clean the house...Maybe, It's been neglected this past year.
7. Call your friends and neighbors and tell them you are sorry for all the arguments.
8. Don't gloat....so hard to do!
9. Put your Women for Obama pin and bracelet in the jewelry box next to the Spiro Agnew watch and JFK campaign button.
10. Seriously now...we are spending the day...going for a nice fall drive, out to lunch, then back to watch the celebrations on Ellen and Oprah.
I guess the most important thing that I can do today is say a prayer that things go well for this young president and his family. I wish him luck..he has a big job ahead of him and people all over the world are watching and hoping that he can turn things around.