A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Traditional and Non Traditional Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving was great. We went to my oldest son's house for their first holiday meal. Son cooked the turkey and daughter-in-law did the rest. Way too much delicious food. We were 8 at the table. Earlier in the day their grandson handed me something that he was holding behind his back. It was a coiled python. It fit right in the palm of my hand. Anthony had just fed the snake his Thanksgiving meal...a frozen mouse. The snake was lethargic. It is a good thing that I don't scare easily. I was reminded of years ago when my oldest son put his pet rat on Grandma's shoulder. You may think we are a crazy family, and maybe we are. My kids had all kinds of creatures while they were growing up. It taught them to love animals, and made them responsible pet owners.
Before leaving for our Thanksgiving destination, my youngest son called and asked about making pies. He was going to a friend's house and was to bring the pies. He was making blueberry and cherry. I assumed he was using a canned filling. Not this one...he was pitting cherries, when he called and had fresh blueberries. I never asked where he got cherries at this time of the year. He needed tapioca and had bought tapioca pudding. I set him straight on that and he was going to try cornstarch. I gave him some tips on how to do the edge of the crust. He hasn't told me how they turned out...hope he did well. He also made a vegetable pizza and candied sweet potatoes. He is a vegetarian and was having a vegetarian meal. He said he was having a fungus loaf instead of turkey. (mushrooms?) We hung up.
Now you may wonder why the cat picture is at the top of this post. When we got home, my daughter sent this picture of her cats...Idgey and Huntley. She didn't make it home this year and was home in DC. She is a vegetarian too. She said her kitties were dreaming of tofurkey.
Balisha

1 comment:

OhioMom said...

What a wonderful way to spend Thanksgiving, with those you love. I am not too sure about the snake thing though .. LOL! You are a good sport.