A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Thursday, October 30, 2008


This is the last thing that I will be writing about politics until the day after the vote. I just wanted to say a few more things. I was tired yesterday and didn't write what I wanted to write. This isn't from anyone who is a writer...just a few things from the mind and heart of a senior citizen.

Way back just before our Illinois primary...I was undecided. I have voted both Rep. and Dem. in the past. After much research and soul searching...I decided to vote for Sen. Obama. I came home and was doing something on the computer and a message came in from his campaign. It was about donating time and money. I felt that he had won my vote...so, Balisha...put your money where your mouth is. I went on his website and donated...first time I have ever done this. Since that day..I have watched, listened, and read everything about the race. I could give both their speeches. I have come to find out that his values are more in line with mine. World affairs, the economy are things that have to be learned "on the job" I think, Raising taxes is a big concern for some. I will give him a chance and see what he can do. If my taxes are raised...I will live with it. I would rather do without some things, so that young people will have a better life in the future. Education is a big reason to vote for him. He and his wife are highly educated and want every kid to have a chance to get a college education. I hope that he can do something about health care. I have been in the position where a loved one had terminal cancer and our bills were exorbitant. Almost wiped out our savings. Worried him so that he didn't have a peaceful end of his life. Worried about how I would cope after he was gone, with all the medical bills. Cancer can destroy lives in more ways than one. These are just a couple of things that I am interested in seeing him try to fix. I realize that he is new and not experienced in some things. Who has ever been experienced in being the president before they take on the job? His campaign has been run brilliantly. If he can run the country the way he has run his campaign he will succeed. I think that he is the only candidate who is looking to the future and has some new ideas on how to fix things. I say..."Let's give someone new a chance."

Yesterday I voted....I felt like I did when I left the voting booth after voting for John Kennedy. I came home and as every day since the primary...there was an email from his campaign. This time with a list of names for me to call in North Carolina. This was a first for me too. I pondered whether I felt qualified if someone asked me hard questions. I threw caution to the winds and made the first call...not so bad. The people that I talked to were very knowledgeable and interested in my thoughts. It was a good experience for me. I had been asked to go to Indiana for a rally, but didn't do that. This was something that I could do from my home. I made the calls, last night, after Sen. Obama's commercial. It was a smart thing for him to do. Not a nasty comment in his talk...actually I don't think he even mentioned the other candidate. Very upbeat, positive and touching at the same time.

So... that's about it. Tuesday will come and hopefully everyone who cares about our country will go out and vote. We will watch ,with high interest , the returns. They will be using their maps, diagrams...panels of "experts" will give their take on it, we may stay up until early into the morning. I think that it will be worth all these months of listening, watching, and reading about this man. I have been with him all the way.I want to see what he can do. I will continue watching and praying for the Obama family.

Balisha

5 comments:

Judy said...

I feel exactly as you do Balisha. I, too, have voted both ways in the past and usually vote for the person and not the party although I am registered Democrat. He deserves a chance and I feel he is very sincere in what he is trying to do for this country. I hope he wins on Tuesday.

Balisha said...

Yea Judy!

Margie's Musings said...

Bob and I both voted early today...for Obama.

And Balisha, unless you make over $250,000 a year, you won't have to worry about your taxes being raised.

Balisha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Balisha said...

Hi Margie...I know what he says about those under $250,000 not having their taxes raised...I trust that he will keep that promise.