I was sitting back at the edge of the woods, after weed wacking the tall stuff. I want to plant more wild flower seeds soon. I was thinking about how lucky I am....being able to enjoy this natural world of ours. Thought I would list some simple pleasures that came to mind on this Sunday in September.
- Going to Mass
- A gas weed wacker that always starts
- A fun phone conversation with my daughter...when I take a rest.
- Watching a woodpecker....eating suet.
- A daddy long legs on my pant leg.
- Seeing a white phlox...that wasn't there last year.
- Hearing a sweet tiny voice saying.....Hello neighbor!
- Playing pretend telephone with Audra.
- Hearing my hubby singing a song in the house.
- Coming in and making dinner.
- I forgot....giving my Laddie a cookie ...he always gives me a slobbery kiss.
- Saying...see you later alligator to my little neighbor.
A nice fall day here in Northern Illinois. Lots of insect sounds to entertain me as I work outside. I like to get things neat now...so it isn't such a big job when I put the garden to bed. Soon I will have hostas and lilies to cut down, things to trim up, mulch to spread, oh lots of things. By the time it is all done I am glad to go inside, for a while, and knit, paint, read, bake and this year....blog.....doing my fun inside things that have waited for me all summer long. But for now....fall is here and the cooler weather invigorates me. Another simple pleasure...good health to be able to do what I do.