A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thought I'd add some color....coreopsis and my hubby's marigolds.



This morning I had a choice...blog or cleanup the yard after the storm. Drats...the yard won. We raked debris for a long time. Filled containers and dumped them on the brush pile in the woods. I like to keep a brush pile for the animals who might like to live in there. I sit and watch the birds pulling little twigs out of it for their nests.

While back by the woods, I noticed my wild rose bush. There must have been....no exaggerating....1000 J. beetles on it. This rose bush is in a bad place. Hard to mow around it and we had been planning on moving it sometime. Well that sometime is now. I got the bugs off of it and then pruned it severely. It will be more manageable now to dig and move. It will survive this move...it is tough. We didn't get to it today, but we will soon.

We decided to mow after the cleanup. Now it is done for the weekend. We dug out around the evergreen trees in the backyard last year. Put some mulch down all around...looked so pretty. Now the weeds have come up in the mulch. We should have put a barrier down, but we left that area till last and were tired. So it didn't get done. The last yard chore was to pull the weeds around 2 trees. 4 more to go. Maybe tomorrow.

We came in and showered and hubby said we deserved dinner out...no cooking today. We are both tired, but it is a good tired.

By the way...the little finch left the nest yesterday. He is on his own. The nest has been taken down and the new light fixture is already up. I don't think a bird can nest on the new fixture, but there is a hanging basket right next to the porch.

Balisha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You & hubby deserved dinner out tonight. Sounds like you worked hard today and got alot accomplished. Thanks for the pretty posies, I love Coreopsis. Such a cheerful little flower. :)