A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Friday, August 15, 2008

I was a red hatter at the time. I thought the tomato needed something, soooo I gave her a red hat. She caused quite a stir in the neighborhood. My neighbor had a huge garden with 64 tomato plants, but never had one like this. Some of his farmer friends stopped by to see the Lady 'Mater. I didn't need a scarecrow that year...she watched everything. She looks a little scared to me.

Well, enough silliness. We are having beautiful weather. Almost a touch of fall in the air. Hubby has some new babies to watch. Something dug a shallow hole in the middle of the lawn....right next to the dog yard. He filled it up and put seed on it. Yesterday the hole was there again and covered with a bit of dried grass. He muttered to himself and pulled the grass away and there they were....baby bunnies. He said, "Why did she put them here? There is a whole woods back there. Now how are we going to mow? She must not have a brain." He came back in the house muttering. Last night he went out to check on them, when we saw a cat meander into the back yard. We are concerned, because cats roam our neighborhood and they are always getting some little creature. This morning he was out with the dog and checking on the babies. Men are so funny....all gruff and growly sometimes, but the real man comes out, when you see this side of them. They are as tender hearted as we women...just don't let anybody know it.
Balisha

No comments: