A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Friday, July 11, 2008



I was going to comment on my Mandevilla today, but first look at the pictures. They are reversed...so bear with me. I'm still not sure how to place the pictures on this thing. I was playing scrabble online with my daughter and hubby was watching TV....all of a sudden it got pitch black in the northern sky. We got a storm warning on our radio, which has been on nonstop this summer. We were to expect high winds and lots of rain and hail. We didn't get the high winds, but we did get about 2 in. of rain in a short amt. of time. Between storms, I took some pictures. The sky looked like it was on fire. I sat in the chair by the glass doors and watched it change from black to red to orange yellow. The clouds were churning. Went back to TV and then thought I would check again...now a beautiful rainbow. My camera doesn't do it justice....it was a perfect rainbow...all colors in perfect rows. They even commented on it on the news later. I wish I could have had a better shot, but my little point and click camera did the best it could do.
This morning it is overcast again. I went out before the storm last night and trimmed up the lilies and pulled some invading grass. Checked everything around the house. My basket in the front has been attacked by earwigs. They are chewing the life out of all my lobelia this year. I decided to pull the lobelia out of the basket and plant a bargain Mandevilla from our grocery store. It is a bit skimpy, but full of buds. It should recover from it's summer at the grocery and the transplanting soon. I have another one from last year. I brought it in and kept it in our basement through the winter. It kept the leaves...grew a few more....and just rested in the house. I planted it out in the late spring and it hasn't bloomed yet. I think it would be better to buy new ones each year. This one is slow and I feel the new ones would be blooming by now. I do love them, so this fall I may not save them. I would like to have flowers earlier. Hard for me to throw a growing thing away.
Balisha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sky pictures! The sky does look like it is on fire.