A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008


Well, you see the pictures...here's the story on the snake. The rose will follow. This critter met up with our garage door. The red is his blood. We do have snakes in our garden. Last year I had my flats of flowers ready to take to Church to plant. I reached down to pick one up and found a surprise...a 3 foot snake just all cozy with my petunias. He slithered out and I went on to Church, just glad that he didn't ride with me in the car. That would have been a bit much to find him down around my ankle while driving
. I am not sure what kind of snakes we have. We think they are Fox snakes. They are marked like a rattlesnake, they coil, and they shake their tail...when frightened. The pictured one is a little smaller and marked a little differently. I'm not really frightened when I see them....I just want them to be in their place and not mine. We live in a woodsy area with the river just across the highway to the back. We have a little woods on our property, a pond next door, and lots of woodsy mulch around the house. What snake wouldn't want to live here! I am just very careful when weeding etc. I think that they bite, but are not poisonous. I hope that they stay in their home today...it's cool and I have things to do.

I did some of my work yesterday, but I came in early. It was so cold and windy. I transplanted some fall asters. Took them from the front and put them in the back. Don't we gardeners always do that? My neighbor gave me some calla lilies and I put them behind our bird nest spruces. We have Stella d'oro lilies in front of them. I have two clematis vines blooming. They are both white...but different types. The new rose is blooming too... as you can see from the picture. It is brand new....hope it survives.
Balisha

No comments: