A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Monday, May 26, 2008



We went to the lake and celebrated a special birthday. It was fun and there was lots of food, jokes, and presents. We had some new people there and it was fun getting to know them.
We used to call Memorial Day...Decoration Day. I am going to sound like an old person here, but I think that my generation was more patriotic. We all had flags displayed, got up and hurried to the 10am parade, went to a tribute at the cemetery, wreaths were tossed of the bridge into the river, flowers for the graves and in our lapels. We watched the Memorial Day Concert last night and parts of it brought tears to our eyes...especially some of the old music from WWll. I got to thinking what was all the fuss about Barack Obama not having a flag in his lapel? Where are ours? Where are the flags on our homes? I'll get off my soapbox now. Tomorrow back to gardening and the birds.
Balisha

No comments: