A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Monday, April 4, 2011

This and That...

This painting was done by Berthe Morisot...She was an impressionist painter in the 1800's. Painters love to paint daffodils way back then too. My daffodils have started blooming. It is so cold out today...they need little coats on. A neighbor at the gym asked if mine had started to bloom. Her yard is pretty shady, so hers take a little longer. After I came home from the gym, I fiddled around with my strawberry jar...planting some hens and chicks in a few of the pockets and giving it a drink of water. I think that I will plant moss roses in the rest of them. Not very original, but I do want to see the terra cotta and not have it covered with flowers. We called a landscaper and had him come over to give us an estimate on mulching around the trees and the house. We did this a couple of years ago, but it needs it again. We used landscaping cloth under the mulch and it shows in many places. I love it when it is all freshly mulched. We will see what he will charge us and then go from there. I put a little wire fence around my mailbox. I'm sitting here waiting for the dog walkers to come by. There are some who will be walking on the other side of the street and they walk the dog over to my mailbox to relieve itself. My mailbox must be a favorite. I hope this little fence will do the trick. It's going to be a nuisance when it is lawn mowing time. Joe and I went over to the Grotto last night. I'll show pictures tomorrow. Well, have a nice evening... Balisha

4 comments:

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I would take great pleasure in opening my big mouth and yell "HEY! STOP THAT!" Actually, words a wee stronger than that...but you get the idea! Makes me so mad when people allower their dogs to do things like that... Grrrrr

Margie's Musings said...

When it warms up again, I'm going to buy my cedar mulch and mulch mine. I know what you mean about how nice everything looks when it is freshly mulched.

Have a good day, Balisha!

Anonymous said...

That fence sounds like a good idea. Every dog in my neighborhood relieves himself on my mailbox, too. I tried to get a vine started there and they killed it. I may try your fence.

Gram said...

I love daffodils, but mine are not doing well this spring. We have had an extremely dry winter and they suffered. The ones that are blooming are only about an inch high. They are very cute but do not make good bouquets.