A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Today


It was completely white outside my window this morning. The temps had dropped during the night..and the wind picked up, blowing the snow all around. Our roads are snow packed and hardly a car has gone by. I don't think that we got as much snow as predicted though. My first thoughts were of the little black cat that meanders through our woods everyday. I saw him down the road a bit just a few days ago. How can he survive in this kind of weather? Then my thoughts turned to the poor homeless people who are surviving on the streets of Rockford. In my, sometimes Pollyanna view of the world, everyone would have a bed to sleep in. But sadly...that isn't the case. My heart goes out to people like this. My wish for the Christmas season is that we take better care of these people and not just at Christmas time.
Balisha

6 comments:

Lynn said...

It looks beautiful, it will be coming our way today... I hope it snows like crazy so I have a few days off from school and can get cought up on things. It is a very trying time... Have a great day...

Diana LaMarre said...

It looks a lot like that in my neighborhood today. I think we may have more snow--well over a foot so far.

I have been loving staying home all weekend baking, decorating, etc. I love to be snowed in!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely scene. It's been a perfectly gorgeous although very windy day up until about an hour ago, then it clouded up so the rain will be falling and a cold front following.

Different places open up on really cold nights for the homeless down here, which is a God-send for these people.

May you have a lovely Christmas season.

FlowerLady

Balisha said...

Hi Lynn, Zoey and flowerlady...
The winds have died down a bit. If you are watching the Bears game...that's what it was like here a bit earlier. Our neighbors delivered a plate of Christmas cookies a little bit ago. Yum!
Balisha

Racquel said...

What a gorgeous scene from your window Balisha. I know it can be messy and hard to deal with though. Stay warm! :)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Beautiful. I have snow but your image is one of beauty. My woods with fallen trees - very rustic.