A Sentiment

God knew what He was doing when He sent a gentle breeze and brought a lovely butterfly to set my heart at ease. The happiness of your friendship and the gentleness of your words have touched my life in special ways and now I feel assured. Thank you for your loyalty and for reading everyday. I only hope you find things to make a happy day.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

November 18, 1958


My Daughter's Birthday


It was a cold night in November.. in the air a hint of snow..

Our little girl was born so many years ago.

"This baby is so perfect, her skin is pink not red,

Her mouth is like a rosebud".. is what the doctor said.

They put her in my waiting arms, the tears were coming free..

She looked at me with loving eyes that said, " Take care of me."

Her childhood days were full of fun.. her favorite doll could talk,

Tiny kitchen furniture.. in her room before she walked.

A pogo stick I worried.. that she would bump her head..

At night we found her sleeping with her pogo stick in bed.

A frilly dress was not.. her favorite thing to wear..

Cowboy boots with dresses and a ribbon in her hair.

She always found a puddle with her little foot would stamp..

Her outfit was all dirty...what a little scamp!

I miss those days of yesterday, when she was very small..

I remember everything, when I look at pictures on the wall.

So happy birthday Peanut..is what I'm going to say..

I hope you have some fun and a very lovely day.


Happy Birthday...Love you,

Mom


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your daughter has a wonderful birthday. My twins birthday is November 20th. I enjoy thinking about their childhood, too. Great poem for her birthday.

Roses and Lilacs said...

Happy birthday, Peanut! May your birthday wish come true.
Marnie

Mary said...

How sweet! Happy Birthday to your little girl ;-)

Nice to hear from you Balisha! I've been a negligent blogger...hoping to get back into the groove soon.

Mary

Crayons said...

What a beautiful birthday greeting. Thanks for sharing this.