Now that October is here I thought that I would list 10 things I have loved about the summer we just enjoyed.
1. Seeing the first signs of spring in my garden
2. Watching the perennials popping up from the earth, and not having to buy too many annuals.
3. Buying new things at the garden center to attract birds and butterflies.
4. Watching the antics of the birds, and seeing them enjoy what I have provided.
5. Keeping a watchful eye on the bird nests...especially the one on the front porch light.
6. Watching Mother Nature's storms and cloud formations.
7. Finding that the addition of mulch has helped me so much....weeding is so simple now.
8. Loving a cooler than usual summer....no 90's.
9. Enjoying our front porch and back deck.
10.Mowing the lawn....yes I said mowing. It is good exersize and I really feel better for doing it.
All in all, it has been a good summer. We did our work each day, played in the sun, visited new places, entertained occasionally, and last but not least...anytime I was bored...I had a wonderful hobby to keep me busy....My Garden.